THAILAND 2009

Welcome!  I will be writing updates and posting them to this blog to provide an inside glimps of experiences my husband and I have throughout our stay in Thailand 2009.

I have used this same blog for many of the previous international trips that I have taken, including those to Haiti and Africa.  I am now in Thailand as of January 1, 2009 with my husband and will be here for some time.  If you are interested in reading about previous trips, please scroll down, otherwise read the most recent post for the latest happenings in our lives!

Thanks for checking in!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Each day since updating this blog last, has been filled with moments of emotional highs and lows, adventures of random sorts, and continuous thoughts of awe. I will admit that throughout this time I have relied on the above quote for inspiration as often times, I felt less effective then I aimed to be. This I do know was partly a result of the lethargy and aches caused by the malaria which has lingered for some time now. Between the ill feelings and the mental challenges resulting from the reality of my inability to solve each issue I encountered on a daily basis, I caught myself at times lingering in yesterday, wondering what I could have done more effectively, or perhaps feeling twinges of irritation for not doing a specific something. This is when I called upon memory of the words of Emerson and remind myself that I have done that best I could with what I had...and it was time to move on, to 'finish each day and be done with it.' To live my life 'with too high a spirit to be cumbered with my old nonsense' - indeed is a daily aim.

No comments: