THAILAND 2009

Welcome!  I will be writing updates and posting them to this blog to provide an inside glimps of experiences my husband and I have throughout our stay in Thailand 2009.

I have used this same blog for many of the previous international trips that I have taken, including those to Haiti and Africa.  I am now in Thailand as of January 1, 2009 with my husband and will be here for some time.  If you are interested in reading about previous trips, please scroll down, otherwise read the most recent post for the latest happenings in our lives!

Thanks for checking in!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

It cracks me up to think that I thought my 'PLANS' were for sure going to happen. It is more often then not that when I make a plan, it does not work out as I initially planned for it to. My intentions for the summer were to leave for Africa the end of April and spend the the majority of the summer in Uganda and Ethiopia, return to America and finish up my college education at Alaska Pacific University in December 2008.

As a result of an unexpected and spontaneous health issue occurring a few weeks ago, I have had to revise my previous plans for the summer. As the agenda appears now, I will remain in Alaska for the summer allowing time for a full recovery and complete my college degree, graduating late July. I will proceed with the previous 'plans' to return to Africa after graduating in August.

All financial donations that have been sent my way are being stored in a bank account specifically for the upcoming trip to Africa. Thank you for your support of my work in Africa through your prayers, words of encouragement and financial assistance. I look forwards to what God has ahead during this summer of preparations to return! If you have further questions or would like to catch up please give me a call or send me an email.

I will continue to update this website throughout the summer, keeping you informed of events as the occur! Have a GREAT summer!

No comments: