THAILAND 2009

Welcome!  I will be writing updates and posting them to this blog to provide an inside glimps of experiences my husband and I have throughout our stay in Thailand 2009.

I have used this same blog for many of the previous international trips that I have taken, including those to Haiti and Africa.  I am now in Thailand as of January 1, 2009 with my husband and will be here for some time.  If you are interested in reading about previous trips, please scroll down, otherwise read the most recent post for the latest happenings in our lives!

Thanks for checking in!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Since checking my email after nearly five days, I have received many messages in my in-box expressing concern regarding my safety and overall wellbeing. I apologize for the long lapse in time in providing you an update!

On the 3rd of June a medical team from America traveling with ChildVoice International arrived here in Gulu. Since their arrival it has been a spectacular time of conducting medical assessments on approximately 140 people per day (men, women and the child-mothers and their children). As time does not allow I will expound more on these events soon.

Overall my health is well, though I still have bouts of fatique and very nice quality headaches...malaria just really is not much fun!

The medical team leaves on Monday to head back to America, and Acen Brittany and I leave on Sunday morning to Soroti. In Soroti we will be distributing over 600 dollars worth of medical supplies donated by personal donors from America to IDP's of the Obuku IDP camp. We will do this on Monday. Tuesday Brittany will bus to Kampala and I will return to Gulu where I will remain for some time yet.

I am alive and well, learning a lot, growing heaps and continuing to be daily humbled while developing in perseverance.

Much love to you and as I mentioned before I am very excited to have time to give you a more thorough update!

"Life is action and passion; therefore, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of the time, at peril of being judged not to have lived."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
from my friend J.W.

No comments: